Tuesday, October 24, 2017

French oil player Technip in swim at Papa Terra

October 31, 2010 by  
Filed under Oil News

French player Technip has been awarded a subsea contract by the Petrobras-led joint venture at the Papa Terra field in the Campos basin, offshore Brazil.

Upstream staff 21 October 2010 05:41 GMT

Technip said the contract included the engineering, procurement, manufacturing and supply of 27 kilometers of integrated production bundle (IPB) risers and flowlines.

It added the IPB technology would be used in the heavy oil Papa-Terra field to increase the temperature of the produced fluid after long shut downs in order to reduce its viscosity, enabling well production restart.

The company will also supply an electrical and monitoring module to be installed on the P-63 floating production, storage and offloading unit.

The work will be carried out at Technip’s operating center in Rio de Janeiro and the delivery of the modules and the IPBs are scheduled for delivery during 2012.

Petrobras has a 62.5% stake in the Papa Terra joint venture, with Chevron holding the remaining 37.5% interest.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

You must be logged in to post a comment.