First Engineer – DP Drill Ship
|Desired Expertise:||Dynamic Position Officer, Preventive Maintenance Engineer, Ships Engineer, COC Class 2 with DP and floater experience|
|Minimum Education:||Tech/Vocational Cert.|
Carry out duties and work tasks in accordance with established, safe marine engineering practices.
Maintain mechanical equipment in the area of responsibility such that operation plan goals are met for mechanical downtown and repair and maintenance.
Good working knowledge of Transferring and receiving fuel, water and lube oils. Oil, air, portable water, seawater service and fire water systems. Preventative Maintenance systems. SCR assignments for all operations including rig moves. On DP vessels, the power management system. Starting and stopping pumps, compressors and other machinery and Hydraulic systems.
- Maintain good working relationships with Chief Engineer, department heads and crew.
- Ensures that all transfers are recorded accurately in Oil Record Book.
- Prepare for, and supervise maintenance crews, during heavy weather as outlined by the Chief Engineer.
- Perform or assist in the performance of such tasks or projects as may be assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Stand engine room watch when necessary and conduct routine inspection of machinery spaces.
- Review all operational and technical bulletins and implement all directives as required.