ExxonMobil Singapore jobs and careers April 2010, Vacancy as Inspection & Analyzer Engineers
ExxonMobil is one of the world’s most successful petroleum and petrochemical companies and the single-largest foreign manufacturing investor in Singapore with assets of more than US$7 billion. Our operations have expanded from trading kerosene to a multi-billion dollar manufacturing and marketing business.
ExxonMobil is a company with tremendous strengths. We do business in nearly every country in the world. We hire the best people to be the best company in the industry, and to create exciting and challenging careers full of promise and opportunity. You could be part of the energy that fuels ExxonMobil forward.
* Provide support relevant to the process analyzer system for the Operations, Maintenance and Project teams
* Track analyzer performance, conduct failure analysis of analyzer and drive continuous improvements in analyzer performance and applications
* Support the designing, installation and commissioning of new process analyzer systems
* Conduct training and assessments on process analyzers and sampling systems for the technicians
* A good Bachelor’s/Postgraduate Degree in Chemical Engineering/Analytical Chemistry or a relevant Engineering discipline from a recognized University
* Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in the petrochemical industry
* Good technical/working knowledge of process analyzer applications, troubleshooting and sample systems designing is essential
* An effective team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
* A self-starter who is willing to learn and work within a manufacturing plant environment
* Plan and carry out comprehensive inspections on fixed equipment/piping via on-stream risk-based monitoring programs and downtime inspection activities
* Advise the Lead Inspector, Inspection Manager and business teams/units on inspection program findings, and recommend the appropriate solutions for corrosion issues as well as ensure safe and reliable operation of the equipment
* Investigate equipment failure and recommend the most cost-effective method of repair and the appropriate selection of materials for the affected equipment
* Execute quality assurance inspection on project/construction and maintenance works to ensure compliance with industry standards
* Maintain effective working relationships and communication with the business teams/units to eliminate or minimize materials and corrosion issues
* Monitor the latest developments in inspection/materials and corrosion technology through inter-affiliate technology transfers, network communications and meetings
* Maintain an effective Inspection Data Management system and a filing system for the inspection area under your purview, as well as conduct periodic reviews and updates
* Continuously provide the business teams/units with piping and fixed equipment strategy updates as the leading indicators to ensure the reliability of fixed equipment and piping
* Perform Level-1 Fitness for Service Engineering assessments and analyses
* A good Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Materials Engineering from a recognized University
* Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the petrochemical or a similar industry
* An effective team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at www.exxonmobil.com.sg before 15 April 2010.
We regret that we will not be able to respond to all applications as only shortlisted candidates will be notified.