Sunday, October 22, 2017

Bounty abandons Ubute-1

November 15, 2010 by  
Filed under Oil News

Energi ;  Australia-listed Bounty Oil & Gas said it would plug and abandon the Ubute-1 exploration well on the Utopia Block in ATP 560P, in Queensland’s onshore Eromanga basin.

Upstream staff 15 November 2010 04:12 GMT

Bounty said electric logs established the presence of thick sands in the Birkhead and Hutton formations displaying reservoir quality sands but with only trace oil.

It added that proof of the presence of major oil reserves in the area upgraded the potential stratigraphic traps in the Utopia Block and for conventional traps in ATP 789P Bargie South Block to the north.

The company will now begin the drilling of two development wells on the Utopia Block.

Bounty has a 40% interest in ATP 560P with the remaining 60% being held by operator Bridgeport Energy.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

You must be logged in to post a comment.